My summer in review
I worked all summer long at Safeway on 33rd. I guess this means I passed my probationary period and they intend to keep me.
- I used the money to buy a lot of t-shirts in Banff and Moraine Lake, a new lens for my camera, a great looking Timex Expedition watch, and all of my Christmas shopping.
- Who was done his Christmas shopping in August? This guy.
- We went to Banff and Yoho National Parks despite dad being really sick.
- Dad pulled it together and still was a lot of fun on the trip.
- We hiked in the backcountry.
- Oliver and I got lost in the woods.
- Dad was almost eaten by a bear.
- We discovered Montreal Smoked Meat Crepes.
- I found out that Lake Louise is just minutes away from British Columbia.
- We went to Fort Carlton and I learned a bunch of Treaty 6 history with Oliver, Mom and Dad. I enjoyed it a lot. Dad and I walked around outside the fort (and were eaten alive by bugs) while Mom and Oliver made bannock. Oddly enough there were no bugs inside the fort the day we were there.
- I wasn’t going to play football after the trainwreck of a season I had last year but I had a lot of long talks with Dad about it who reminded me that everyone gets knocked down, it’s how you get up is what is important. So when football started a week ago, I was out there. It felt good.